Heavy breathing! Please help!

Glad to hear you saw the vet
smile.png

It sound like she is on the mend. Keep us posted.

Just gave her, her medicine and shes doing better, i hope she will be well soon. I think she might be sick. If so should i keep her away from the rest of the flock

Just gave her, her medicine and shes doing better, i hope she will be well soon. I think she might be sick. If so should i keep her away from the rest of the flock

If the vet had removed something that was blocking her airway, it's possible she may have aspirated some of the food/water as well. This can sometimes cause pneumonia which would need to be treated with medication. But it would be best to call the vet back and let them know she is still having trouble.

Get some VetRX for her and read instructions. Also keep her in a warm room or area if you are experiencing cold weather, semi dark, natural light and put some vitamin mix in her water. That's what I would do for her. Has she ever layed? Has she been laying? My guess is she is stressing maybe because of fixing to lay her first egg of season. Could be respiratory too, so VetRX and vitamins should help her get over that.

Being in strange surrounding, noisy area will stress her too. If you have a dog carrier and its not too cold, I would put her in that, back in her hen house. Can attach feed and water cups to door on those things. Put shavings in bottom. And use the VetRX daily on her.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom