heavy door slammed on roosters leg

Soaking in epsom salts daily can help with pain and swelling. But like any bad sprain or strain, or bruising from trauma, mostly it's time to heal that's needed. The more you can get him to rest it the better. Being a chicken, he's going to do what he's going to do, the pain will help to get him to self limit himself some. Even if you just crate him for periods during the day, it can help.

This happened to me Monday just more graphic…I opened my door and my lavender orphington was there and she must have went under the door as I opened it…..she died (pretty violently) and it was so so so upsetting!!!!

This happened to me Monday just more graphic…I opened my door and my lavender orphington was there and she must have went under the door as I opened it…..she died (pretty violently) and it was so so so upsetting!!!!
Sorry for your loss. My coop door opens outward. The chickens have usually been right behind the door chomping at the bit to come out in the morning. You might want to see if your door can be changed to swing out. I always secure my doors with a hook to keep them from blowing shut and injuring them. There can be so many hazards around a coop, such as buckets that can overturn on top of them, brooms and shovels that can fall and hit them, pecking at strings, glass, metal hardware, and plastic they can swallow.

Back
Top Bottom