Hedemora Thread

Pics
Looks a lot like mine! Not sure of sex yet so I call it 'he'. He has goldish brown on his chest. Same beautiful brown through his wing feathers. My guy might be a week older....saw an exact picture someone posted, that's what brought me here! Last question.....for now! What color are the feet of yours?

Hello, my name is Michelle and I'm from Maine! I am a homeschooling Mom to 6 kids and our family is looking to raise some rare breed chickens for our small family farm and we have been trying to teach our kids about poultry preservation. We are very interested in the Hedemora chickens and would love to raise some! I was going to get some from a local farm last year here in Maine but the farm moved and unfortunately we lost touch and I've emailed them this year and haven't gotten any response so I'm doubtful I will. I was wondering if anyone ships chicks or if you know of anyone else who may be willing to? We don't have an incubator yet and unfortunately I don't have a broody chicken that I could use at this time either. My older kids that are 11. almost 10, almost 8, and 6 have been saving some birthday and holiday money slowly and would like to use it to buy some chickens with a little help from us for our family to raise. If anyone would be willing to sell any chicks to us or knows of anyone else I could contact that may be able to help them and us get started that would be wonderful! Thank you in advance for any help you can give us!

Michelle

Last edited:
Hello, my name is Michelle and I'm from Maine! I am a homeschooling Mom to 6 kids and our family is looking to raise some rare breed chickens for our small family farm and we have been trying to teach our kids about poultry preservation. We are very interested in the Hedemora chickens and would love to raise some! I was going to get some from a local farm last year here in Maine but the farm moved and unfortunately we lost touch and I've emailed them this year and haven't gotten any response so I'm doubtful I will. I was wondering if anyone ships chicks or if you know of anyone else who may be willing to? We don't have an incubator yet and unfortunately I don't have a broody chicken that I could use at this time either. My older kids that are 11. almost 10, almost 8, and 6 have been saving some birthday and holiday money slowly and would like to use it to buy some chickens with a little help from us for our family to raise. If anyone would be willing to sell any chicks to us or knows of anyone else I could contact that may be able to help them and us get started that would be wonderful! Thank you in advance for any help you can give us!

Michelle

Michelle,

We are raising a flock of Hedemora and will be shipping eggs, chicks, and juveniles probably beginning next year. We're getting through the summer to see how they do in our climate (so far, pretty good!) and want to make sure the chicks are strong before releasing them.

You can see pictures of them on our Facebook page since we don't have them on the website yet.

We will most definitely have extra roos available since we have several in the flock right now.

Last edited:
Michelle,

We are raising a flock of Hedemora and will be shipping eggs, chicks, and juveniles probably beginning next year. We're getting through the summer to see how they do in our climate (so far, pretty good!) and want to make sure the chicks are strong before releasing them.

You can see pictures of them on our Facebook page since we don't have them on the website yet.

We will most definitely have extra roos available since we have several in the flock right now.

My Hedemora roo has done great in the midwest climate. It has gotten nearly to 100 degrees several times and he was fine. My Americauna on the other hand doesn't handle the heat very well at all.

Back
Top Bottom