HEEEEEEELP! We've been taken over by fleas!

Termidor SC or Taurus SC termiticide/insecticide is the same as ingredient Fipronil and only slightly less % than Frontline. 9.1% Termidor compared to 9.8 Frontline. $60 for a 20 ounce bottle. That is enough to treat every dog and cat for the rest of your life. Google it.

I never heard of the Trifexis. Does that require a script?

I see the Comfortis does and my vet won't give a script without a visit. I just went for an exam and rabies vaccine,and they said nothing about fleas on him. I am sure he has it though.If one does they all do.

Decided to get some capstar and some methoprene drops.Will give it to all the cats and dogs at the same time.Then some more capstar after a few since it is a 24 hour thing.The methoprene should prevent any of the adults from laying eggs if I miss them with the capstar.

I have borax down along the base boards,but maybe I will add the salt too.

I read about the tapeworms from fleas.Debating a combo for tape,hook,and round or getting something just for the tape first. Hmmmm would the wormers used on chickens work? I will probably stick with  species specific.

Kind of hard to check the guinea pig,so I am not sure what I will do for her.

Still debating the frontline and Advantage 2. Seems like it is a hit or miss with everything,so I suppose switching it is good idea.Good luck everyone!
[quote

Trifexis only requires a up to date hw test and comfortis doesn't require one at all check with another vet now if you go to something like petmeds they do require a prescription for everything on their site but we have done the math and it cost more vets choose their own prices so I can't say for certain about your area trifexis and advantage multi cover hook and roundworms but only iverhart Max covers tapeworms and it is a hw pill it doesn't do fleas and at less than 5 dollars per pill totally worth it but you have to get a hw test first

Thanks Bamachicks8! I am definitely going to be using a variety of products for atleast a few months.

I wanted to mention the methoprene again to those wanting a low toxic option. I just ordered a 1 oz bottle to be mixed with a gallon of water.It is a hormone disruptor.Seems to be safe overall. I am going to be spraying it around the home,on the pet bed areas,and maybe even a light spray on the animals. The one oz was only $7.05 at amazon with free shipping..Ofcourse you can also get the drops to be put on the pets for about $5 for 3(got that too),but I wanted to get those wiggle worms where they are probably hanging out.

Time to do my vacuum for the day!

I got wormers too JIC.

I get my trifexis from my vet. Yes it does require a heartworm test. Trifexis is for heartworms, fleas, and worms does not do anything for ticks. Living here in Georgia heartworms and fleas are a huge problem...so I do not ever miss a dose. If you miss a month the dogs will pick up fleas very quickly!

Just applied some bayer. advantage 2 to my cats.Sadly, noticed one cat has a large bald spot.My avatar kitty.Must have been the pet armour.Getting bayer advantage 2 for the dogs.Got combo wormers ready to go.Have not seen fleas.Vaccum 2 times a day.Sprayed the methoprene.Used the capstar on the dogs.No idea if it worked.

Last edited:
Just applied some bayer. advantage 2 to my cats.Sadly, noticed one cat has a large bald spot.My avatar kitty.Must have been the pet armour.Getting bayer advantage 2 for the dogs.Got combo wormers ready to go.Have not seen fleas.Vaccum 2 times a day.Sprayed the methoprene.Used the capstar on the dogs.No idea if it worked.
Sure the bald spot isn't ringworm?

No,it was the flea meds.I will skip future meds with her,and just comb.Treat everyone else.

Another thing you can do is put a good dose of salt on your carpet before you go to bed then vacuum the next morning it's cheap and it works but you have to do it everyday for a weekend then every couple of days there after was what worked for us withou using chemicals in the house. Something in the salt kills them and vacuum vacuum and then vacuum some more just make sure you dump them outside or they will just hop out of the trash can

Sadly, we had a small flea issue but our one dog is highly sensitive to the bites, so she was going nuts. We have a cleaning lady come every week and spot clean between that, so that may have helped keep the problem down. We tried to treat with what the vet gave us but they must have been in the carpets. We eventually made the decision to rip up the carpeting and replace it with hardwood. Ehrlich came in in between the carpet ripped up and a floor guys and treating the sub floor. We washed all the linens and furniture, and had to treat all the cats too just in case. Its been almost 2 months and when we went it for a follow-up, she said she didn't find any fleas.

It looks like you have little dogs. Our vet recommended K9 Advantix II. Petco sells it for $47 for 4 months. Really that only works out to around $10 a month, which I think is awesome compared to the $8,000 it took us to replace everything.
YOU are the Dead Flea Queen of the Month!!!

Back
Top Bottom