HEEEEEELLLLLPPPPPP!!!!!

Pics
Get a dog, make sure it won't bother the chickens. Let it free range with the birds. Dogs like chicken poo. The dog will wander around with the chickens, eating their poo. The dog will also poo where the chickens do. Predators will smell the dog poo and stay away, thinking that the dogs are there to protect the chickens. This is what works for me!
Well one of my dogs is a chihuahua, so just as likely to get picked off and the husky is so high strung and curious she’ll either get her eye pecked out or end up hurting them by accident. She really can’t ever leave well enough alone. Plus she got into it with the ferret and the ferret won… just saying

Dogs like chicken poo. The dog will wander around with the chickens, eating their poo. The dog will also poo where the chickens do.
We have two, and neither do that but I guess some do!

I never taught ours but for whatever reason our border collie and the corgi go out in the farmer's fields or woods to poop. They both do a great job keeping the riff-raff out of our yard and the chickens safe.

So I bought a new home on some property… not a whole lot, but enough for what I want to do with my remaining years, and keep in mind chickens were part of the plan. …at least eventually. well the last owner didn’t take his birds with him and now they are my problem. I’m in over my head…
Welcome!!! If your not ready you can always re-home them.

Got the sun shade in place.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    929.7 KB · Views: 8
Got the sun shade in place.
Good job. As funds permit - put some 1/2 inch hardware cloth on at least the sides of that run. When you do the hardware cloth, after you attached the bottom, run in on the ground 18 inches and put earth or rocks on it - this will keep them safe from digging predators. Again, if that is not financially feasible, use pavers, bricks, etc...along the outer diameter of the run.

Good job. As funds permit - put some 1/2 inch hardware cloth on at least the sides of that run. When you do the hardware cloth, after you attached the bottom, run in on the ground 18 inches and put earth or rocks on it - this will keep them safe from digging predators. Again, if that is not financially feasible, use pavers, bricks, etc...along the outer diameter of the run.
I have 1/2” hardware cloth on the bottom extending about 6” out, but the entire floor of the run is contained by buried hardware cloth. I plan on wrapping that extending 6” around the bottom of the run when I add the other hardware cloth. Then I’m going to run 2x4 along the bottom securing it all in place and add more dirt inside the run

Back
Top Bottom