Heelp....pls!

GYPSYFARM2

In the Brooder
8 Years
Aug 13, 2011
I'm sure this is the wrong place to post but IDC, I like it here and I'm sure someone here can help me out...I was cleaning 'long hot' peppers and rubbed my eyes (not thinking,of course) Anyways, I'm freaking out w/pain! Does anybody happen to have any home remeidies or something that will ease the pain? Eyeflush stuff just isn't cutting it..thanx

Have you tried constantly rinsing your eyes in cold water for about 10 minutes? then I would follow up with some visine

Aloe Vera.. hopefully you have a plant nearby.. if not you can use some pure aloe vera gel...

IF you dont have any aloe.. flush with lots of cold water and once you can open your eyes enough add a few drops of visine to your eye(s).. but trust me.. aloe vera would be my first choice!

Thanks all...I love this place!!
love.gif

Last edited:
I have done that before... usually by rubbing my eye after handling the peppers (Thai Dragon peppers). It hurts. I have somehow gotten it in my nose before too. Believe it or not, that is actually worse. It feels like it's eating through. I am sure that it's just a memory now, can you still see?

The ER nurse told me Benadryl and otc anti-inflammitories, as long as it was only making my sinuses swell shut (OH THE BURN) but to ER asap if my throat started swelling.

Double layer medical gloves - the big box! - helps, if remember not to scratch facial itches

Thank you all..I feel MUCH better this morn. I couldn't see most of the day yesterday,but the fresh Aloe really seemed to help with the pain. I must have REALLY rubbed that stuff in there good because although my 'eye ball' feels better..the surrounding area still burns a little..but nothing NEAR the burning I was having b4..I know it sounds gross but I should have known better because I too grew them orange thai peppers a few years back, and "hmmm..how do I say this delicately..(Took a pee?) B4 washing my hands..'TALK ABOUT PAIN!' SHOO WEE!! Needless to say, I NEVER Grew them su*kers again! Even picking them my fingers would burn for a couple of days b4 I figured out what was happening (I'm a slow learner,I guess). I finally started picking them with rubber gloves after that fiasco:)I wanted them for hot sauce but didn't care for the taste anyway.This year I traded some of my prized "cheese pepper" seeds (don't know the real name for them) but that's what the old time Italian farmers out here in South Jersey call them.They are a good sweet pickling pepper and no,they don't taste ANYTHING like cheese)~no clue why they call them that~Well my friend traded me 12 of these 'GHOST' pepper seeds <supposed to be the 'hottest pepper in the world'>. Well, only ONE came up and b4 it even reached eight inches tall, my "friend" the groundhog (wood chuck) ate EVERY single leaf off of it,along with darn near everything else in the garden. I was told that woodchucks don't EAT pepper plants but they were the FIRST thing he went after! Between him,disese and just a bad year altogether I wound up with NOTHING but a TON of basile. Apparently, CHUCKS don't care for basile... I was reading a thread about everyone having a bad year with their gardens so at least I know I'm not the only one:)(that's terrible, I shouldn't be happy that others had a bad year also,but for some reason..it makes me feel better that I'm not the only one that will have NO fresh veggie's for this winter lol.Since I grow totally organic I don't trust buying them from one of the local stands.WoW, this wound up long and took a completely different direction. Anyways, thanks 4 letting me ramble. Take care all<craig

Last edited:
I know it sounds gross but I should have known better because I too grew them orange thai peppers a few years back, and "hmmm..how do I say this delicately..(Took a pee?) B4 washing my hands..'TALK ABOUT PAIN!' SHOO WEE!!

Haha! That is too funny!!
lau.gif
Sorry to laugh at your pain, but that just made my day!
gig.gif
Hope your eyes feel better soon.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom