Heirloom orpingtons (Florida) discussion, pics, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing yet. He said he would update me today. He spoke of the issues they are having, staff training, lots of orders, power loss, computer down, receiving loads of messages from the past 6 days, lost birds :(.....

I'm sure loosing that many will hurt.

Anyone get an update? Several on FB are speaking with me and they are waiting as well. Sales from last year from what I understand.

heirloomorps

Yesterday at 8:38 am​
Hi Lance

Many thanks for your message. As per our Facebook conversation an update will be posted to our website today.

Our Terms and Conditions cover a 3 month delivery window from the point of order and we will adhere to that. At the moment I am recovering from a loss of around 1,700 birds last week due to a huge electrical failure and therefore had no computer access for 6 days :(

I am growing all chick orders out to around 3 weeks of age and will forward a shipping date to you via email through the website shortly.

Jonathan

Still no update. Sent them another email this morning.

Their web site only shows orpingtons and polish birds available now.

Last edited:
I ordered 20 chicks from them early March and have heard nothing from them. I emailed them a week ago and finally got a generic reply today... the same exact thing they posted on FB today. I don't know about you all, but I'm tired of hearing excuses. First it was weather, weather, and weather, but then the weather got nice and can't be blamed, so they've come up with new excuses. I find it hard to believe that a farm of that size (to be incubating 1700 eggs at once) would sit back and allow a power outage to effect the hatch. That's a lot of money down the drain. Wheres the generator? And if they don't own one, rent one. I mean, really?? I lost power 3 times last month (the longest time period was 8 hours) and the eggs all made it (and I don't have a generator.)
At this point, I think an apology instead of excuses would help. All the excuses make me feel like I got scammed. It seems as if the real story is that they took too many orders and can't catch up. I would think they could at least sit down and estimate an approximate month for a shipping date for our orders. Even telling me they're so far behind that my expected month is December would be better than not knowing anything. :( If I hear from them, I'll post.

I finally got a conversation (messaging) with Jonathan about giving a more detailed idea of what orders are going out instead of the some orders going out this week, then the next week, and more next week, which leaves everyone wondering "is mine in that shipment?" "when?" etc. Then the messages start going out and he is flooded.
I suggested he give something more along the lines of what he just sent me. (I put what I suggested in bold on his message.)

Heirloom Orpingtons

1:42 PM (1 hour ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif
to me
cleardot.gif

Lance

Many thanks for your email. A statement regarding all orders will be released shortly.
With over 700 orders in process we complete all orders in the order they were received.
Your order came in on 3/27. We are currently working on January and February 2015 orders and these should be completed shortly. Once complete we will start work on March orders.

Jonathan & Holly

That is exactly what PeasPoultry and I both want to hear and likely many other customers. Now we know the only orders going out in the next couple weeks are from jan and feb 2015. At least I know mine isn't coming for awhile. I sent him another message suggesting to place order dates of what shipment batches they are doing.

Would this example be better?

Orders from jan1 to feb 25 will be shipped may 18 & 19
Orders from feb 25 to mar 30 will be shipped jun 15 & 16

That's great! At least I know it's not coming within the next two weeks (and possibly in the middle of my family summer vacation
1f623.png
.) To have a roundabout month is ok with me. Thanks! Maybe they'll get the hang of improving their communication. I'm sure it would help them to not get swamped with hundreds of emails and messages! I'm excited to get my birds, but don't think I'll be ordering from them again. This has been frustrating! My husband is nagging me to call the BBB and to demand my money back
1f629.png
I'd rather just have my chicks
1f60a.png

I still have some optimism. I am looking forward to getting some quality birds. We all know quality does take time but a round about idea of a estimated shipping month is exactly what we all want to hear . I'm sure it would make things easier for them without a bunch of crazy chicken people asking when when when. lol Just answer the first when with about then. When close to then give an update of closer to then. :) Crazy chicken people happy, crazy chicken hatchery people not flooded and happy. ha ha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom