Helllllllp!!!!!!! Please anyone and everyone please help!!!!!

Farmgirl283420

Crowing
Feb 21, 2023
So we moved our eight week olds outside we had to go somewhere and so we left when we got back she was fine then I went back out to put them away and found her bleeding her siblings are two roosters I don’t know what to do she’s lost a lot of blood for a chick what is going on we couldn’t find anything she cut herself in what should I do?!!!
CEC6835D-56E8-42E0-8416-F3DE536D77B7.jpeg

I agree with the others…that doesn’t look too serious. Clean it and put Vetericyn on it, if you have any. She might have just gotten a feather stuck on something and pulled out. She should heal up just fine :)

Thank you so much we washed her foot dryed it and put flour on it I held her awhile while it stopped bleeding then I put her back with her friends and turned off the light so she won't be able to get picked in she's a frizzle so yes I think it was a pin feather thank she so much!

Put flour on it, it should stop the bleeding. Are you sure she didn't just break a pin feather?
I think she did break a pin feather upon closer inspection…a lot of website recommended pulling it out to prevent recurring bleeding…is this what you would do?

I think she did break a pin feather upon closer inspection…a lot of website recommended pulling it out to prevent recurring bleeding…is this what you would do?
That sounds like it could possibly make it worse, you need to dry it out like others have recommended. If you want to remove it you can, but I would try drying it out first to see if it heals, if not then go ahead.

Back
Top Bottom