HELLLPP hens not laying

chickenshiha

Songster
5 Years
Apr 19, 2014
palestine
HI 3 months ago I got 3 hens leghorn,andalusion and Cornish x the leghorn and andulusion hen are about 1-2 years old they layed 3 eggs 2 months ago then stopped they look healthy they get lots of sunlight and they are kept in a 5x9 run no predator please help

they are eating and dricking they are very active they eat layer pellets and clean tthere water every day and some treats twice a week

I'm not certain where you live, but here in Texas it has been HOT HOT HOT, and everyone around here said it's the HEAT that makes the chickens stop laying. Something we added, to the comfort of our not-yet-laying freeloader Barnevelders, is a fan...they LOVE it. Hope that helps!

Although I forgot to mention (because it's been cooler the past couple days) we haven't used it, and always turn it off in the evening either way. Too much of a good thing is never a good thing! :)

You can also try increasing protein by adding some black oil sunflower seeds (BOSS), or something else just to help boost protein levels. Sometimes it helps, but as stated above, if the heat is really bad, that might be a factor....

Back
Top Bottom