Hello All

Miss Boo

Hatching
Mar 1, 2017
My name is Boo, yes really. I am a Mother of a 22 year old Son. I grew up in the south and have since traveled extensively. I recently retired a very stressful career that was causing health issues and chose a place I've always loved here in TN to settle. I am currently reading and learning as much as possible about having backyard chickens. I am fascinated by their beauty and quirky personalities. I love to write, cook, craft, the outdoors, and photography. At 48 years old I am ready to spend more quality time on my passions and less in the corporate world. I believe chickens will be therapeutic in that I've always wanted them but never had time to spend with them. I'm looking forward to having a flock in the very near future. Thank you, I look forward to chatting with you all.

Greetings from Kansas, Miss Boo, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Pleased you joined our community! I have no doubt chickens have therapeutic properties. Many the member of the BYC speaks of "Chicken T.V."...just sitting in the backyard, chilling out with the chickens. Doing a little research is always wise before taking the leap. The Learning Center is the place for that - it is packed with informative articles that span the entire range of chicken keeping. Here's the link: https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center
And if you'd like to chat with some local poultry peeps, find the TN thread here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/270925/find-your-states-thread
Best wishes and thanks for joining BYC!!
wee.gif

Hi Boo and welcome to BYC - great that you have joined us. You will find threads on cooking, baking, photography etc etc - just use the search box and see what pops up but most importantly, please make yourself at home here with us.

Best wishes
CT

G’Day from down under Boo
frow.gif
Welcome!

Chickens definitely are therapeutic! I work from home and no matter how bad my day has been, when I down tools and walk out the door the girls have me smiling and chuckling within minutes. I like to say they have chickenalities
wink.png

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out
big_smile.png

welcome-byc.gif

Hi Boo, congrats on your retirement and a more relaxed lifestyle!

Welcome to BYC! This is THE place to be for anything and everything poultry related...
Whether you're looking for help, info, insight, poultry breeders, ideas, or just friends, you've come to the right place!

Anyway, great to have ya here!

Make it a great day!

smile.png

~MW

Hello, and welcome to Backyard chickens! I am so glad that you joined us, and I hope you will make yourself at home here and enjoy it as much as I have! :frow

~Cuz

Back
Top Bottom