Hello, All!

Fox2112

In the Brooder
Mar 29, 2018
Hi Everyone!
Thanks for the add.
We are new to raising chickens. Just over a year ago my fiancé and I purchased a 200+ year old farmhouse on 9+ acres in upstate New York. We decided to try to move toward self-sufficiency or at least as close as suburbanites can get, and so this spring we are starting with laying hens. After much research (I have been accessing the plethora of chicken data here for the last month, so THANK YOU ALL for sharing your knowledge and experiences) we ordered some Buff Orpingtons, Black Australorps, and a few Rainbows. We are pretty psyched for the chicks arrival date (late April) and are getting everything ready. This weekend we will begin getting supplies for the coop (brooder is all but set up).
Professionally, I am in the medical field and the old man is in insurance. We have an older once-indoor cat who is thoroughly enjoying the property and wildlife. We enjoy lots of hobbies including figurative sculpture and arguing over baseball (Let's Go, Mets!)
We may chronicle our crazy journey, as we are new to much of the trials (and joys) of farm-ish life.
Thanks again! We look forward to sharing!
Trish + Dan

Blue Welcome.png

What an exciting time for you!

Back
Top Bottom