Hello all

Sivad

In the Brooder
Sep 23, 2019
Gaston OR
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? We got our very first baby chicks on July first this year.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? We have a total of 8 chicken in two different batches.

(3) What breeds do you have? The first batch has 2 Easter egg Americans, 2 barred Plymouth Rocks and 1 crested Polish (I now know the problem with keeping crested chicks with non crested). The second batch is 3 Silkies one with curved under toes on both feet(worried about that one when it goes outside).

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? My family loves animals as a whole, but most fun is just watching them.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Mostly as a family is raising animals. But also big in the whole geek culture. I'm actually nerdy enough to play table top rpgs LONG time before it was cool.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. Family of 4 with 2 sons. Here is list of animals: 3 cats, 2 parakeets, 2 rabbits, 1 bearded dragon, and a 65 gallon freshwater aquarium. We are also debating about getting a small here of dwarf goats.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? : Found it while doing research into raising chickens a while before we got some, but of course missed some info about making the flock work well together. Oopps! Join so I know where to go when I run into new problems.

-byc-join-fun.png

You need to make a boot for the curled toes. Simply (“simply” :gig ) use a band aid to flatten the toes, and keep them in the right position. The bandage will fall off in 3-4 days, and the problem will hopefully be fixed.

Thank you. We tried taping her feet to prices of popsicle stick. We kept it on for about a week took them off for about half a week then reapplied the sticks again for a few days. Durning this time fed them eggs to help if they had a vitamin deficiency. So not sure what to do from here.

Back
Top Bottom