Hello all

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Sivad, Sep 23, 2019.

1. Sivad

Sivad In the Brooder

Sep 23, 2019
    Gaston OR
    (1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? We got our very first baby chicks on July first this year.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? We have a total of 8 chicken in two different batches.

(3) What breeds do you have? The first batch has 2 Easter egg Americans, 2 barred Plymouth Rocks and 1 crested Polish (I now know the problem with keeping crested chicks with non crested). The second batch is 3 Silkies one with curved under toes on both feet(worried about that one when it goes outside).

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? My family loves animals as a whole, but most fun is just watching them.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Mostly as a family is raising animals. But also big in the whole geek culture. I'm actually nerdy enough to play table top rpgs LONG time before it was cool.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. Family of 4 with 2 sons. Here is list of animals: 3 cats, 2 parakeets, 2 rabbits, 1 bearded dragon, and a 65 gallon freshwater aquarium. We are also debating about getting a small here of dwarf goats.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? : Found it while doing research into raising chickens a while before we got some, but of course missed some info about making the flock work well together. Oopps! Join so I know where to go when I run into new problems.

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years.

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to Backyard Chickens, hope you will enjoy it as much as we do. :frow

3. Perris

Perris Crowing

Jan 28, 2018
    Gower, Wales
    hello @Sivad ! welcome to BYC :frow
    sounds like a fun collection of animals there!

4. Sivad

Sivad In the Brooder

Sep 23, 2019
    Gaston OR
    Thank you. Always been an animal lover. Now that I have some land interested in seeing what I can do with it.

5. Sequel

Sequel Free Ranging

:frowHi and welcome to BYC! I hope you will enjoy your time here while learning lots of useful things. Lots of really helpful very nice people!

Leahs Coop, Sivad, fldiver97 and 10 others like this.
  6. BlueBaby

BlueBaby Enabler

Hello, and welcome! Glad that you joined!

Leahs Coop, Sivad, Sequel and 10 others like this.
  7. feathermaid

feathermaid Egg Obsessed

Feb 5, 2018
    Northwest Oregon
    My Coop
    -byc-join-fun.png

Leahs Coop, Sivad, Sequel and 9 others like this.
  8. BullChick

BullChick Enslaved by a Duckling

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    0C39D84F-0D75-414C-986B-1E230791EBF3.jpeg

Leahs Coop, Sivad, Sequel and 7 others like this.
  9. BullChick

BullChick Enslaved by a Duckling

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    You need to make a boot for the curled toes. Simply (“simply” :gig ) use a band aid to flatten the toes, and keep them in the right position. The bandage will fall off in 3-4 days, and the problem will hopefully be fixed.

Leahs Coop, Sequel, fldiver97 and 7 others like this.
  10. Sivad

Sivad In the Brooder

Sep 23, 2019
    Gaston OR
    Thank you. We tried taping her feet to prices of popsicle stick. We kept it on for about a week took them off for about half a week then reapplied the sticks again for a few days. Durning this time fed them eggs to help if they had a vitamin deficiency. So not sure what to do from here.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: