1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hello!!:) (And breed identification questions)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by 14RiceM, Oct 19, 2013.

1. 14RiceM

14RiceM Chillin' With My Peeps

Hello everyone!!:) Well I've wanted chickens for several years now, and was surprised with two young ones for my birthday!! Best birthday ever!!!! I wondered also if anyone could help me identify at least one of their major breeds, they're from my friend's farm so they are very mixed I'm sure! But I'm just curious:) Any help would be great, here are some photos! Any additional questions about them I'd love to answer:) thanks guys!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Veer67

Veer67 Chillin' With My Peeps

They are both rooster and probably have some Cochin in them. Cute chicks! :)

3. 14RiceM

Oh no, I didn't think I was getting two roosters! That's not good, considering it's only the two of them and we live in a quiet cranky neighborhood! How can you tell they are roosters at such a young age? Thank you so much!

4. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    X2 they are both roosters. How big are they? Could be part sablepoot/booted/d'Uccle bantam also.

5. Veer67

Veer67 Chillin' With My Peeps

I could tell from the comb size and redness, at that age chicks shouldn't have such a large and red comb.

6. PheasantsFirst

PheasantsFirst Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2013
    Eastern Washington
    Both are looking like roosters [​IMG]

7. 14RiceM

Not big, I can pick either up with one hand. Teaches me to trust my non-farmer friend to pick them out for me! :p Thank you so much for letting me know, I'll have to return them to him I suppose.... Thank God they are still young! :confused: Sad though, they are gorgeous, and so happy.

8. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! Happy you joined!

9. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG] they are really cute.

10. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Welcome to BYC [​IMG] I agree, 2 roosters. They are cute though :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by