Hello and introductions.....Roo or Pullet....

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by PricelessPeeps, May 25, 2012.

1. PricelessPeeps

PricelessPeeps Hatching

May 23, 2012
    Hello, this is my first post to BYC....we live in western kentucky...and are new to chickens....Love the forum....
    I have been reading this forum for a while and recently completed our first chicken coop.....and we want your opinions on what this bird is....Roo or Pullet....they are silkies as you can tell....thanks in advance...

[​IMG]

2. aoxa

aoxa Crowing

Honestly, depends on the age. This could be a full grown hen, or a young cockerel.

Can you show us a picture of the whole bird?

And Welcome to BYC!

3. PricelessPeeps

PricelessPeeps Hatching

May 23, 2012
    Thanks for the welcome! The picture you are seeing is of a 14 week old. I will get a full body shot a post.

4. PricelessPeeps

PricelessPeeps Hatching

May 23, 2012
    [​IMG][​IMG]

5. aoxa

aoxa Crowing

The pictures are very small. Are there any streamers coming out of the back of the crest?

I'm torn.. If I could see it closer up, it might help lol.

6. PricelessPeeps

PricelessPeeps Hatching

May 23, 2012
    Sorry about the small pictures...I'll try to get better pictures to post. I don't think there are any streamers, but since I'm new to chickens...lol

7. Just reebok

Just reebok Chirping

Welcome! No idea what it is...other than cute!

8. PricelessPeeps

PricelessPeeps Hatching

May 23, 2012
    . [​IMG]

9. aoxa

aoxa Crowing

That looks to be a pullet. I am pretty sure :) You said 13 weeks.. Yeah.. I'm going with pullet. No streamers, round crest. I have a hen that had a big comb very young. She is now a couple days away from hatching her own chicks. [​IMG] Along with her BFF Pearl - they are going to co-parent lol

10. PricelessPeeps

PricelessPeeps Hatching

May 23, 2012
    Thanks. This is my daughters favorite, so we are hoping for a hen. Your girls are beautiful[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: