Hello! and welcome to the OEGB thread.

Does anyone know where I can find some show quality crele's and bb reds. I need 2 crele pullets and a trio of bb reds. I'd love to find some in southern Illinois or southeast MO.

I had 2 pair of creles but while feeding one hen escaped and got retreived by my lab which didn't end well.

i wanna know what to cross to make brassy backs i would think a black over a gold duckwing but i aint sure ive also heard that blue reds dont breed true. is that a fact cause i got a ton of eggs in my incubator right now haha. and one more. they say you can put a spangled under a bbr rooster and it will pull some of the white out of her. ?? if any one knows this stuff please let me know
It is actually BB Red over a recessive Black then F1 x F1 and you may never see brassy back, best bet is to buy some they will breed true when well developed.

Well, I think I have talked myself in to breeding our Silver Duckwings to a Self Blue rooster. Maybe. This is purely for fun - I'm not trying to make any new colors or anything like that. Anywho, I guess the big question I have is will the lavender gene dilute silver? I was hoping to have some silver and lavender colored birds out of the F1 hens and a lavender rooster. I understand that breeding solids to patterened birds will likely foul up the pattern, but I have to say that doesn't concern me as I am not trying to make any new varieties - This little project is just to give me something to do and I was hoping to end up with some unique-colored birds running around the yard.

Well, I think I have talked myself in to breeding our Silver Duckwings to a Self Blue rooster. Maybe. This is purely for fun - I'm not trying to make any new colors or anything like that. Anywho, I guess the big question I have is will the lavender gene dilute silver? I was hoping to have some silver and lavender colored birds out of the F1 hens and a lavender rooster. I understand that breeding solids to patterened birds will likely foul up the pattern, but I have to say that doesn't concern me as I am not trying to make any new varieties - This little project is just to give me something to do and I was hoping to end up with some unique-colored birds running around the yard.
There is not much telling what you will get from the first cross, The females will not have a silver hackle though and none will be lavendar.

My creles are getting bigger.
smile.png

There is not much telling what you will get from the first cross, The females will not have a silver hackle though and none will be lavendar.

I knew I wouldn't have any lavender ones in the first cross, just lavender carriers. That's disappointing about the silver hackle though.
hmm.png
I wish I could find a good source online for information about chicken color genetics.

My creles are getting bigger.
smile.png

He is absolutely beautiful!

I'm pretty new to having chickens and my little Goldie and Sal just became parents to one chick named Nugget. I have a couple of questions about Nugget: Nugget has green legs but both parents have blue legs, how does that work? Also, I'm wondering if Nugget is a Cockrel? This pic was taken at 10 days old. What do you all think? Thanks, and I love my OEGB's!

See those green legs and you can see the blue legs on Mom.

And the one below gives a pretty good view of Nuggets comb.

There's a good pic of Nuggets parents in my Avatar of Goldie before she became a mother and Sal, my Roo who was going to be Sally when we thought he was a she. LOL!
Any help out there on sexing and also what color of birds are Goldie, Sal and Nugget? I mean what are they called? I have no idea so I thought I'd ask the experts.

Does anyone know where I can find some show quality crele's and bb reds. I need 2 crele pullets and a trio of bb reds. I'd love to find some in southern Illinois or southeast MO.

I had 2 pair of creles but while feeding one hen escaped and got retreived by my lab which didn't end well.

Have you looked on your local Craigslist?

Back
Top Bottom