Hello! and welcome to the OEGB thread.

For the folks asking about penning the males together I use 16x16x6 pens for males both for growing and holding pens. I have no problems with this they will spar a bit when adding or removing birds to establish a pecking order but that is often over with in a few minutes. I often have as many as 40 males both cocks and cockerels in those pens.
Thought I might share a photo of one of my male line Birchen Males from this year, I dubbed him just a few days before this was taken but he is healing up nicely now.

WOW !!!!!!!!!!

Those are the best Birchens i've seen . How did you get all this into a birchen ? have my ideas but rather hear how you did it !!! my email([email protected])
Thanks

From Washington Feather Fanciers Winter Brisk, Reserve of Variety Spangled Old English Game Bantam (my bird). I believe I counted about 15-16 Spangled there. Good turn out for Old English in general with over 100 (forgot to get exact count) out of an 1100 bird show.

Last edited:
From Washington Feather Fanciers Winter Brisk, Reserve of Variety Spangled Old English Game Bantam (my bird). I believe I counted about 15-16 Spangled there. Good turn out for Old English in general with over 100 (forgot to get exact count) out of an 1100 bird show.

She looks real nice BGmatt. Spangled is a tough variety.

WOW !!!!!!!!!!

Those are the best Birchens i've seen . How did you get all this into a birchen ? have my ideas but rather hear how you did it !!! my email([email protected])
Thanks
This has been a long road for the males, as well as good competitive females I had to take two different routes to get them where I wanted them but am quite pleased with this years results. I would be more than happy to discuss them with you feel free to call Carl 405 878 6381

For the folks asking about penning the males together I use 16x16x6 pens for males both for growing and holding pens. I have no problems with this they will spar a bit when adding or removing birds to establish a pecking order but that is often over with in a few minutes. I often have as many as 40 males both cocks and cockerels in those pens.
Thought I might share a photo of one of my male line Birchen Males from this year, I dubbed him just a few days before this was taken but he is healing up nicely now.

I like this male, he looks like he's got good solid tight feather. A lot of the Birchens (and brown reds for that matter) I see up here have started gettting really soft feather and way too much of it.

Thanks for kind words on my pullet, it's a difficult color but worth it!

Super nice Pullet .......... Congrats

Here is a Silver Blue K, the Birchen above typically keeps his wings up like this one but I took those pics on his first trip through a show coop, he is still in training this guy has been through a few times and is much more comfortable.

I like this male, he looks like he's got good solid tight feather. A lot of the Birchens (and brown reds for that matter) I see up here have started gettting really soft feather and way too much of it.

Thanks for kind words on my pullet, it's a difficult color but worth it!
Feather quality is one of those breed defining traits I just wont bend on. He is heavy feathered and young but very tight and hard feathered. It really helps keeping them in shape with a good hard feather, they just do not get damaged as easily.

For the folks asking about penning the males together I use 16x16x6 pens for males both for growing and holding pens. I have no problems with this they will spar a bit when adding or removing birds to establish a pecking order but that is often over with in a few minutes. I often have as many as 40 males both cocks and cockerels in those pens. Thought I might share a photo of one of my male line Birchen Males from this year, I dubbed him just a few days before this was taken but he is healing up nicely now.
Nice bird! The reason I can't put mines together is that I have small cages and when I let them free range it is in the whole 1 acre yard, if I put them together in a small cage they do too much damage to each other

I just got my first two OEGB today from an awesome lady named Sally east of Redding Ca. they are lavender colored very pretty. I was hanging out with them and the little lavender one she told me was named sally was very affectionate. i went in to have supper and when i went back outside she jumped up into the light to see me. very strange I thought since I live in the mountains and at 7:00 pm it is very dark but the motion light went off and she jumped up on a ledge. I think she missed her old mom. Anyways I am wondering if anyone has a lavender rooster or a decent show rooster (any color) they would part with, my daughter is three now and she wants to show birds. This is the nicest breed i have ever encountered, and I figure it would be a good starter breed for her.
here is the craigslist pic of the lavender hens (she wouldn't sell me the rooster):

Back
Top Bottom