Hello! and welcome to the OEGB thread.

I bought a pair of porcelain oegs this summer. I tried hatching her eggs and none were fertile. I assumed the rooster was too young or something so I put her in my mixed pen, which is mostly mille fluers. She always laid in the same nest so I thought I knew which eggs were hers and thought I'd throw a few of them under a broody I had. Three of the eggs hatched but two of them look like self blues (no speckles) and the third chick is a darker grey/blue color. Just wondering if porcelains get speckles later or will they stay the solid blue color? Any idea what these chicks would throw crossed with a mille rooster next year? Thanks in advance for any info.

I bought a pair of porcelain oegs this summer. I tried hatching her eggs and none were fertile. I assumed the rooster was too young or something so I put her in my mixed pen, which is mostly mille fluers. She always laid in the same nest so I thought I knew which eggs were hers and thought I'd throw a few of them under a broody I had. Three of the eggs hatched but two of them look like self blues (no speckles) and the third chick is a darker grey/blue color. Just wondering if porcelains get speckles later or will they stay the solid blue color? Any idea what these chicks would throw crossed with a mille rooster next year? Thanks in advance for any info.

@jophus @RavynFallen may have some insight?

My little crew of spangled oegb has started laying. The first one dropped hers at 22weeks. Now, at 26 weeks, I'm almost positive they are all laying. :D

Just want to say hello as I'm new here. One of the breeds I raise and show is OEGBS. I have brassyback, wheaton/blue wheaton, ginger red, lemon blue and a few others. Looking forward to chatting with others who have them.

Just want to say hello as I'm new here. One of the breeds I raise and show is OEGBS. I have brassyback, wheaton/blue wheaton, ginger red, lemon blue and a few others. Looking forward to chatting with others who have them.

welcome-byc.gif
Howdy!

Would love to see some pics of your birds when you get a chance!

Back
Top Bottom