Hello! and welcome to the OEGB thread.

Pics
Quote:
Get each of them 2 girls and be happy with your boys
big_smile.png

Thank you for your input everyone. I knew I would find some expertise here!

...........So where do I find some quality pullets?
wink.png

And at what age should I separate the two little guys? They got a bit feisty with each other today out in their sun cage, but their snuggling together indoors right now.

They can stay together indefinitely, they'll work it out as to who's the boss
smile.png
Or you can separate them once you get them some girls. I have a couple of pullets available though I don't know if you're interested in shipping. They aren't the same color as your boys but they are pure OEGB. One is a blue birchen I believe and the other is blue, I've also got one that 'should' be black but she has some chocolatey coloring on her wings.
smile.png

Thank you Shelly! That is very nice of you to offer! Those sound like some unique looking birds! I've always bought locally, so I don't know a lot about shipping. Let me ask around a bit, and see if there is any decent stock in my area. I assume older chicks would be expensive to ship across country?

I'm not looking to become a breeder, but if the boys grow up to be as good looking as they are sweet, I may try to hatch some offspring just for kicks. Their parents were very handsome, a friend has them, but they keep hatching predominantly boys!

Again, thanks everyone for you help here. "Tammi" has now been officially renamed "Romeo" by my daughter!

Quote:
Yes I did, he said that he's never had that happen and the birds came from 15 years of breeding a closed flock
roll.png
So I guess I just got lucky
hmm.png
I have a few other eggs in the incubator (I think) and have a few going in the incubator, so hopefully this is just a fluke and the rest will be normal.

Quote:
Yes I did, he said that he's never had that happen and the birds came from 15 years of breeding a closed flock
roll.png
So I guess I just got lucky
hmm.png
I have a few other eggs in the incubator (I think) and have a few going in the incubator, so hopefully this is just a fluke and the rest will be normal.

I know with long tail Ohikis they get them and then loose them after their first molt.

Back
Top Bottom