Hello! and welcome to the OEGB thread.

Pics
Quote:
I have pictures of the 2 blue girls, I can get a pic of the other tomorrow if you think you might be interested...just let me know
smile.png
Shipping would probably be about $60 with the box.
DSC00493.jpg

DSC00492.jpg

If anyone has a premium list from the UNIFOUR all breed show hosted by the OE game bantam club of NC from last March the club is in need of one for address s for thier upcoming show

Quote:
I have a few hens that have larger combs.Pullets can grow a fairly good comb quickly.In a lot of the OEGB though you can sex them by the color.Being purebred of course.

I suppose at 2 months if you had a pullet with a comb that big you'd have a weird eogb. But for showing purposes my full adults hens half like half of that or less.

This bbred is 1.5 years old when picture was taken

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/63871_01.jpg

Oh this hen in the second picture is 4 years old

63871_009.jpg

Last edited:
My Opals
58523_dscf7587_-_copy.jpg

58523_dscf7563.jpg
58523_copy_of_dscf7423.jpg
58523_dscf7407.jpg
58523_dscf7539.jpg
58523_dscf7399.jpg
58523_dscf7468.jpg
58523_dscf7087.jpg
58523_dscf7111.jpg
58523_dscf6107.jpg

Heres one of the pullets here with a larger comb:12 weeks and 6 mos Full OEGB but crossed within varieties.She came out of some early eggs before I picked everyone up and seperated for breeding.I figured I'd put them in the bator for the heck of it and see if any were fertile and what would come out.She was one of 3 eggs that took.
58523_seramahen.jpg
58523_seramahen2.jpg

I just got a black oegb hen, can anyone tell me about them? She seems pretty aggressive towards my other hens. I put her in with a d'anver hen and a dark brahma bantam. She immediately started fighting AND winning. Is it just because of the space? Or move? It is a 3 or 4 square foot pen....... I'll put some pics up soon. She is actually REALLY small compared to the other oegbs at the show. I'm just worried that she might hurt th others. Thanks, Sam.

Old english are supposed to be somewhat aggressive, probably just establishing the pecking order.
I've got a new trio of blues, the hens are McDaniels line. Don't know what the cock is. Will get pics as soon as I remember to take my camera outside with me.
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom