Hello! and welcome to the OEGB thread.

Pics
Quote:
Gumbii in Los Angeles raises a lot of different colors. He's online here. My two pairs of BB Reds are finally mature enough to get fertile eggs from. I haven't really decided if I want to really take the plunge with the whole breeding thing, but if you are interested in some eggs, PM me. I'm down near San Diego.

Quote:
What are you looking for? I live in Vegas but I'm from Nor Cal. I try to get back up that way every now and then to visit family. There are a few people in Ca that raise them and if you make a trip down to the Fresno show February You will find a lot of them.

um... the chick in between the two black ones is a mille fleur... old pic...

Photo0063_1.jpg

the one on the far right, yellow/grey one is a porcelain OEGB... RIP...

Photo0063_1.jpg

here he is a bit older... you can see the motling...

Photo0075.jpg

here's a mille fleur that is older... i think three weeks... darker bodies and orange heads...

Photo0032_1.jpg

you see that pullet near my hand facing the back of the brooder...? that's a mille fleur hen... they have no white or black spangles at all... those come in later on i guess... right now she's looking something gorgeous... they just look like buff columbians until their spangles come in...

Photo0078.jpg

btw, i just hatched some chicks and i'm still not sure if they're mille fleur, or silver or gold quail chicks... but they have spots on their heads... none of my other MF chicks ever had two dots... i dont' know what they could be...

Photo0003-1.jpg

Photo0002.jpg

Photo0004.jpg

i know some mille fluer eggs hatched, but i only see two porcelain chicks now... awesome...

edited because i'm dumb and i found more pics... woo hoo...

Last edited:
Quote:
Gumbii in Los Angeles raises a lot of different colors. He's online here. My two pairs of BB Reds are finally mature enough to get fertile eggs from. I haven't really decided if I want to really take the plunge with the whole breeding thing, but if you are interested in some eggs, PM me. I'm down near San Diego.

thanks chaili.... i didn't notice there was another page of post until i finished editing those two post of mine above this one... i'm dumb...

yeah, i have OEGB in a couple different colors... i have some decent mille fleur and self blues... my neighbor has blue silver gold duckwings, then my other friend has self blue, blues, silver fawn duckwings and... i think that's it... my mille fleur are split for self blue so i get porcelains every once in a while... that's what i'm really aiming for... we have nothing but chicks right now.. unless you want pet quality chickens...

Okay, so hubby is doing a photo shoot for an upcoming chicken show.... and we were practicing "shooting" chickens with some of my birds.

Enjoy the pics!! And if anyone wants to weigh in on whether my 4 day old chick is a M/F, based on "eyeshadow", I'd love your input! I tried to nail Gumbii down on a prediction, but he is making me wait it out a bit longer!!
tongue2.gif

IMG_1191049.jpg

IMG_1187045.jpg

IMG_1202002.jpg

Quote:
my son has what we believe is an oegb and looks exactly like your hens in the last picture. what is the color? we thought she was just black but now her neck is silver. she may be a he, she is 10 weeks and i may have heard a cock a doodle doo. sure is a beautiful bird.

Anybody have pics of un-dubbed cocks? I'm having a really hard time deciding whether or not to dub my cockerels. I kind of like them with full combs, I think they look nice. But I don't know how it grows in if not dubbed.

Back
Top Bottom