Hello! and welcome to the OEGB thread.

I agree, I have had many varieties of oegb, but blue brassy back is the one that has stayed regardless. Spangle, Silver blue, Blue Wheaten and dun are some others that I really like.

Last edited:
Quote:
If you are breeding blue brassy to blue brassy, and nothing has been added in for any reason, you shouldnt get any 'weird things'...unfortunately people will cross in this or that, to correct color, or type, or for whatever reason they had, and then will sell the culls as being 'blue brassy' when in reality they are a cross...many people get burned in this manner, due to dishonesty on the part of the seller, and ignorance of the standard....

Quote:
No, I dont have dun oegb...I had one pair a while back, but the cockbird was garbage...hen wasnt bad but they werent good quality at all...they are called chocolate oegb by most, but they are not actually 'chocolate', as there is a chocolate gene, but it is only found in orpingtons, seramas, and I believe polish. What they call choc. in the oegb, is actually the dun gene, or the color you see in fawn silver duckwings...it is a dilutor of black, so it will breed very similiar to blue....gorgeous birds, but just like the opals, no one has taken them and worked with them hard enough and long enough to get them right. I may tackle that in a year or two...

Id love to work on them but I got the buffs and still need to learn more about breeding Old English first. IS the old English bantam book the APA has any good?

Hi, I have 3 Bantams that I got at the feed store when they were a couple of weeks old. Two turned out to be OEGB roosters & the pullet is a white black tailed Japanese. Here's a few pictures of the roos, their 3 1/2 months old now.
cool.png
72749_100_1016.jpg
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/72749_100_1013.jpg https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/72749_100_1012.jpg
owners of 5 racehorses, 1 Longhorn cross heifer, 4 goats,14 Painted Desert sheep, 3 Bantams, 30 American Games, 1 dog, & 8 cats..​

Last edited:
that first one looks like it may be a buff laced, and the second one would be a black tailed buff...I am assuming they are from ideal...

Back
Top Bottom