Hello! and welcome to the OEGB thread.

Here is what I started with when I was wanting to breed crele OEGB. This is a hatchery quality crele. Over the years (about 2) LOL, I have upgraded slowly. I like having a long term project.
big_smile.png

6236_066.jpg

Ok people I have finally gotten the boxes from Fabians Uncle and taken some photos of them. They weigh less than 10 lbs each and are sturdy!! The ones that are 4 compartment are $100.00 each and the ones that are 6 compartments (not shown) $120.00 The larger three compartment is 130.00 I am soo excited about these they are designed for bantams and easy transport, light weight, easy for one person to carry with out that akwardness..

Resampled_2011-10-30_15-28-12_167.jpg

2011-10-30_15-32-21_25.jpg

the man in the photo is my farrier donaciano!!

Resampled_2011-10-30_15-27-14_933.jpg

Resampled_2011-10-30_15-25-44_787.jpg

Resampled_2011-10-30_15-24-59_762.jpg

Resampled_2011-10-30_15-23-55_695.jpg

Resampled_2011-10-30_15-24-23_860.jpg

I currently have two Four stall boxes and one three stall box available for those who want them before the show!! Fabians uncle will have more and different styles at the show in OC.

PM me if interested!!

Whats a good way to get the legs really clean? I see some color under some scales. Wouldn't come off with soap and a toothbrush. Thanks.

Quote:
The best way I have found yet..
After bathing soak legs in warm, soapy water, scrub with a light toothbruss. remove from water, cover in a light coating of vaseline. the next day soak the legs in warm water again and start at the top of teh leg and work your way down removing the old scales one at a time. Coat in vaseline again and re-wash the next day do not scrub too hard. You may have to work the legs over a period of 2-3 days if they are very bad. Most discolored legs are caused by dead leg scales that did not shed, these dead scales allow dirt and other debris to get under them.
be patient it does take some time will make you feel cross eyed after about 20-30 minutes. I had a Birchen that took a full week to get cleaned up, but was worth the effort.

Last edited:
Hello I raise Black Breasted Red Old English Game Bantams. I'll post pics of my chickens as soon as they cooperate. They are so mad at me for putting them in conditioning cages. I am showing them soon(at inverness fl on Saturday) it will be my first show. Also I need some advice on bathing them. I saw about cleaning the legs but what about the rest of the chicken. Also will leg cleaning get rid of mites? Thanks

Back
Top Bottom