Hello! and welcome to the OEGB thread.

Does any know what color the rooster is?

He is not really a good example of any variety, he is closest to blue red but hackles and saddle are more like a brassy back. Like I said before most likely a first pass at Blue red as Brassy Back comes from BB Red over Recessive Black, and blue is black just with the blue gene modifying the color.

He is not really a good example of any variety, he is closest to blue red but hackles and saddle are more like a brassy back. Like I said before most likely a first pass at Blue red as Brassy Back comes from BB Red over Recessive Black, and blue is black just with the blue gene modifying the color.

I skipped over where you posted before until I read this,lol. Sorry. Im so scattered lately.

I just received my order from Purely Poultry yesterday. My sister wanted 6 black Sumatra bantams so to fill out her order (minimum of 15) I ordered some OEGBs. Now 15 minus 6 should be 9 but you all know chicken math........ I ordered 20!!
love.gif
As I said they arrived yesterday and in the box was 7 black sumatras (1 died) and 25 OEGBs which are all doing great.
celebrate.gif
So much for MY chicken math, the hatcheries are just as bad.
lol.png
I knew they usually sent a few extra but 26 chicks ordered and recieved 32, that's awesome!!! Thanks, PP

Here they all are!! (I'm going to need a bigger box.)

I just received my order from Purely Poultry yesterday. My sister wanted 6 black Sumatra bantams so to fill out her order (minimum of 15) I ordered some OEGBs. Now 15 minus 6 should be 9 but you all know chicken math........ I ordered 20!!
love.gif
As I said they arrived yesterday and in the box was 7 black sumatras (1 died) and 25 OEGBs which are all doing great.
celebrate.gif
So much for MY chicken math, the hatcheries are just as bad.
lol.png
I knew they usually sent a few extra but 26 chicks ordered and recieved 32, that's awesome!!! Thanks, PP

Here they all are!! (I'm going to need a bigger box.)

Cute. Sometimes they give those things away.

Hello, fellow OEGB lovers.

I was wondering if there are any of you who are able to ship OEGB's to North Carolina for a reasonable price. I am just getting interested in this breed. I am getting some of Ideal's OEG's but am not expecting what they advertise
tongue.png
, so I would like to have a pair or trio of good-quality birds to compare with Ideal's stock.

I am on a very tight budget so shipping and price of birds must be relatively cheap. I would be most pleased if any of you could give me contact info for reliable OEGB breeders here in NC so that I could just drive to pick some up.

I am interested in the following OEGB color varieties:
--Black
--Black-breasted Red
--Lavender (Self-Blue)
--Splash
--Wheaten
--Brown Red

If you yourself breed these varieties, or if you know someone else who does, and if you or someone else has them for sale, please send me a PM. Thanks!

God bless,
~Gresh~

your not going to find good quality birds at a cheap price, the better the quality the higher the price

my mille came from ideal besides i havent dubbed him yet, he's got several flaws that those on here can point out better than me...his coloration is off, he has some white on his earlobes, wing carriage is to low ect

531206_752436075531_62004766_33918430_826751025_n.jpg
562573_744667738341_62004766_33874112_496648927_n.jpg
523442_744667603611_62004766_33874108_673037523_n.jpg
562689_744667788241_62004766_33874114_715784604_n.jpg

Hello, fellow OEGB lovers.

I was wondering if there are any of you who are able to ship OEGB's to North Carolina for a reasonable price. I am just getting interested in this breed. I am getting some of Ideal's OEG's but am not expecting what they advertise
tongue.png
, so I would like to have a pair or trio of good-quality birds to compare with Ideal's stock.

I am on a very tight budget so shipping and price of birds must be relatively cheap. I would be most pleased if any of you could give me contact info for reliable OEGB breeders here in NC so that I could just drive to pick some up.

I am interested in the following OEGB color varieties:
--Black
--Black-breasted Red
--Lavender (Self-Blue)
--Splash
--Wheaten
--Brown Red

If you yourself breed these varieties, or if you know someone else who does, and if you or someone else has them for sale, please send me a PM. Thanks!

God bless,
~Gresh
Gresh,
OEGB's are great birds!
My mom is in NC, but sorry she doesn't keep any bantams. I will ask her if she knows anyone with OEGB's though. She just might. And check your local craig's list there are people who are losing their property all over the place. I have seen Show quality chickens being given away (as well as lots of poor quality) You have to keep your eyes and ears open.
smile.png

Michelle

Another way to find folks is to look at the APA and ABA websites. They list some breeders and you can find master exhibiter etc that way. If you find someone in NC that breeds the varieties of OE's that you are looking for, then that would be a good way to start.

There is just no comparison of the quality of birds you would get from a hatchery vs. a reputable breeder. Even the "culls" from a good breeder are often so much better than hatchery stock.

Good luck in your search.

Back
Top Bottom