Hello! and welcome to the OEGB thread.

Old English Game Bantam Club of America has a new website.

www.oegclub.com
That is correct, with membership in the club required to post, many are still exploring the breed and what they like some will never show, and a more open forum where questions are asked openly and answered honestly is very helpfull for those individuals.

Hi there everyone! I was wondering if someone could help me figure out the colors on these two. They came to me in an assortment from Ideal and at first I thought I may have had a pair of black-tailed buff OEGBs, but now I'm not so sure. They were both hatched January 4, 2012 so they are just over 4 months old.

Here is the little pullet. She has some black on the feathers down her black. So what are the thoughts here? A poorly colored black-tailed buff or a poorly colored ginger red?

And here is the little roo. He does have some black on his hackle and saddle feathers, but not an excessive amount. The top two pictures are current, the bottom one is when he was just a few weeks old. Same question once again, a poorly colored black-tailed buff or a poorly colored ginger red?

Thank you in advance!
Most likely ginger red based on leg color

Most likely ginger red based on leg color

I would have been happy with either, but that's what I was hoping for. Thank you.
big_smile.png

Do you think they both could be ginger reds?

Gresh, I live in nc and hope to have some splash oegb hatch this week, don't know if they well be show quality but I think the parents are really nice looking and the cock had been showed before I got them. If you live near wilkes your welcome to come look and see if you would be interested in a couple

lethldragon-I wish I knew how to answer your question, but being able to tell the gender of chicks is something I still struggle with.

I just found out tonight I will be getting a trio and a pair of brown/red OE's. I'm excited. My sis has swept her local show with these birds about 3 times now. It's a county show, but a big one and I believe it is ABA sanctioned now. Unfortunately I don't know a blessed thing about this variety. Looks like I'm going to have to be doing some reserch.

OH! I have a good friend who is looking for a ginger red cock or cockerell. It doesn't have to be show quality or condition. Just a good example of ginger red. If anyone knows of one that is within a reasonable distance from NE Kansas, send me a PM.

I know some people have said that you can tell by an eye stripe on the chicks but I'm not sure which color their supposed to be but these have no stripes just the different color on two of them, I'll have to try and post a pic later

Back
Top Bottom