Hello! and welcome to the OEGB thread.

Every variety of OEGB will have different leg colors. Most will be white, black, and blueish. None that I know of will be yellow. I 've had hatchery ones that had yellow and green legs.

So educate me please
hide.gif
It's my understanding that Dutch's have dark legs but what are the OEGB standards?
caf.gif

Black, leaden blue, slate white tinged with pink-depends on the variety.

I just love all the colors on your boy! He is beautiful! I don't know anything about oegb type, but he is gorgeous in my book!

Thanks. He is what is called a OEG Golden Duckwing. He is not a bantam though, he is a standard. I did not realizes this thread was just for the Bantam OE when I posted his pic because the OP said, "Any OE lover should join." I have looked all over BYC for a OEG Standard thread, but can't find one.

Anyway I think he is a beautiful. If you compare him to this old painting of the OEG Golden Duckwing, he is pretty close. Of course he is still young and has not had his comb trimmed.

I just love all the colors on your boy! He is beautiful! I don't know anything about oegb type, but he is gorgeous in my book!

Thanks. He is what is called a OEG Golden Duckwing. He is not a bantam though, he is a standard.  I did not realizes this thread was just for the Bantam OE when I posted his pic because the OP said, "Any OE lover should join."  I have looked all over BYC for a OEG Standard thread, but can't find one.

Anyway I think he is a beautiful.  If you compare him to this old painting of the OEG Golden Duckwing, he is pretty close.  Of course he is still young and has not had his comb trimmed.

There is a thread: "Standard Old English Games" :woot

i am looking for some birchen oegb and thought about possibly showing them in the future. does anyone have any personal experience with birchen or any tips for me that would help me with showing?... or anybody that has show quality birchen close to Hickory NC fs

I know a guy in northeast GA that has birchens. They are top knotch. His breeding stock came from CL Swanson from TN who is known for his birchens. Not sure how far away that is from you. The town is Baldwin. If you want a phone number, let me know.

Ok I have not posted in several several weeks... I don't really know why?! I am in search for Silver Duck Wing OEGB of show quality. I have now the Quail and love them love the personality the everything! I have had only one hatch as my bator decided to randomly pick temperatures. One second the temp fine leave for work came home the temp was 105! So BARELY touched it to go down even though I figure the embryo's would be killed. I held my breath hoping to have at least one. Alas nothing. Had a broody hen she hatched two from 5 eggs then got up and left them! I tried to save the other couple eggs as I knew they had babies to no avail.ANYWAY long story short the 2 I saved are roos and absolutely Gorgeous guys that I hand raised and now they follow me all over and wait for me to put my arm out so they can "perch" they'll stay for hours on my shoulder like a parrot.

I have turned my dad into a OEGB lover and he wants the Silver Duck Wing. I would love to purchase trios quads anything that is of show quality. I ask to Pm me email something with a picture of what you have and price. I am not afraid to pay for quality. Also willing to travel. within reason. Thank you for ANY help in this matter! Would go to a show if there is any semi local. I am in North central Fl Gainesville area. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom