Hello! Been a "lurker" for years, finally brought home chicks and decided to join BYC!

Welcome! I am originally from Rochester, NY so very familiar with the area you are in...

Hi @pozees2 ! Nice to "meet someone from the area" so to speak! I lived in Rochester from 2004 - 2016. It's really an easy city to live in. A lot of wonderful festivals and restaurants, too. :)

As I type this, it's May 9th. Being from this area you won't be TOO surprised to know that we're still getting snow on and off. UGH. (I do like snow, just not in May!) In fact, the snow and wind was so bad today, we had to stop working on our coop and head inside. We're planning on keeping our chicks inside for at least another two weeks before introducing them to the outside. (They are about 5-6 weeks old now.) We just moved them to a bigger brooder inside to give them more space. I am astounded at how fast they are growing! It's an adventure!

Hi Tracy (and Gordon) welcome to BYC! We're so glad you decided to join us! :yesss: Congratulations on finally getting chicks! Do you have your coop built yet?

Thanks for the welcome, @chrissynemetz ! :)

We are in the process of building the coop from scratch - it fact were working away today until the sudden snow and wind forced us inside! It's been quite the spring! But we are working away and hope to have the coop and run completed by Memorial Day weekend at the latest. Now if that weather would cooperate.... :idunno

Back
Top Bottom