Hello, Bellvue?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by BBQJOE, Jan 20, 2016.

1. BBQJOE

BBQJOE Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2015
    Void where prohibited.
    So last year about this time, there appeared to be a pilot with a new plane. It was flown about 10 hours a day, right above my house. It climbed and dived all day long from about 7 in the morning until 5 in the afternoon.
    Obviously a single engine high powered prop plane.
    Climbing, diving, climbing, diving climbing, diving, climbing, diving, climbing, diving, climbing, diving maybe even a few stalls.

I thought, what the you know is up with this guy? This went on for a week until Sunday came. Every day, the same thing, right over the house.

The next Monday came, and right on time, it started again, and went on for another week. I was about to pull my hair out, or start looking for surface to air missles.

He was hard to see, but I finally got a full glimps of him with binoculars, the plane was red and white, but I couldn't make out the N number on it.

I decided to call the airport authority. I talked with a nice enough gentleman and described the problem and my need to maybe go check into Bellvue. He said there was nothing I could do unless I had the N number off of the plane.
    I then told him the only thing I knew was that it was red on the bottom, and white on the top.

It then registered with him who I was taking about. He told me that its a military trainer, and there was 250 of them staged at the airport. He then told me there was noting he could do about it. So I called the FAA. They told me as long as they were above 500 feet, and below a few thousand, they could fly wherever they wanted, and I had no recourse for my slowly ensuing insanity. It went on for three months. Everyday except Sundays.

I live in the middle of nowhere and didn't sign up for this. But finally as he said it ended after three months.

Guess what?

They're (swearword) back!

If I quit posting, it means I'm in a mental hospital, or have blown my brains out.

2. cavemanrich

cavemanrich Overrun With Chickens

Apr 6, 2014
    Melrose Park Illinois
    Get ear muffs...

But on a positive thought, you probably wont have to worry much about hawks hanging in your area.. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 20, 2016

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by