Hello BYC! New chick owner in AZ

Quik1th

Songster
Mar 18, 2018
Scottsdale, AZ
Just to start - Thanks for this great Community.

I am a first time suburban chicken owner, dipping my toes in with 3 female chicks. One black sexlink, one cuckoo maran and a barred rock.

Came across BYC while doing research and it is an amazing resource.

Prior to adding the chicks my flock consisted of: Husband, Mother, 16 yr old, 3 yr old, four cats and an Australian cattle dog. I must have been looking for something to do with all my spare time....

Hope to meet you all in the forums

Hello and welcome to BYC

Here’s a good link where you’ll find lots of information on almost every aspect of keeping chickens - from coop building ideas, to incubating eggs - https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/

There’s a link on the page above to the Learning Centre - it’s a great resource. If you have a specific topic in mind, just type it in the search box - there's a wealth of information on past and present threads.

Each week, various topics are discussed, which can also be a great resource - https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/topic-of-the-week-thread-archive

You can use this link to contact members in your area - Find Your State Thread

Best wishes

Pork Pie

G’Day from down under Quik1th :frow Welcome and Congratulations! :clap

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

Please do check out the Topic of the Week discussions Pork Pie mentioned. I have found these to be a great resource, informative and sometimes entertaining.

If you would like to share Pictures and Stories of your flock or other critters, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out ;)

Back
Top Bottom