1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hello BYC world

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by AppleJack23, Jun 25, 2016.

1. AppleJack23

AppleJack23 Just Hatched

Jun 25, 2016
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Hello community! My name is Jasmine, and I'm from Nova Scotia Canada! We have been raising some button quail here, and just picked up 4 corturnix quail chicks today to raise em up! This website was super helpful in preparing for the little ones to come here, and I'm so thankful to get to be part of it! I'm new at the whole bird thing, as I lived in the big city before moving to the east coast to be with my boyfriend. It's a great project and learning experience for me! I look forward to reading some of these post, and learning more about the world of backyard birds!!!

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Nice to meet you Jasmine, Welcome to Backyard chickens. Did you know there is a Canadian thread also? "Canadians, check-in-here." You may discover you have bycers as neighbors.

1 person likes this.
  3. uncertainty

uncertainty Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2015
    Great White North
    Hi Jasmine; Welcome to BYC. I am raising my first flock and find it to be a great resource. The members have been really helpful. Long, long ago I lived just over the border in Sackville, NB. Still have family in Moncton. It is a small world.

1 person likes this.
  4. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    [​IMG]

A new member from another country. Love it!

5. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi Jasmine and welcome to BYC.

You'll find lots of info in the Learning Centre https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center, and if you have a specific topic in mind, just type it in the search box - there's a wealth of information on past and present threads. I would imagine that you would find the Quail forum particularly interesting.

All the best
    CT

6. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome Jasmine

Glad you could join us here! I hatched and raised some cortunix and they were fab little birds to keep. I'm sure you would enjoy our quail section for all the quail chat ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/48/quail

Wishing you the very best of luck for the future and enjoy your time here on BYC :frow

7. Athaid

Athaid Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi Jasmine, welcome to the flock! :welcome I hope to see you around, enjoy your stay :D

8. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by