HELLO BYC

Jah Thembi

Hatching
Jul 19, 2016
Finally i am here thanks Admin, well, i live in Zimbabwe , not new to chickens and curently i am dealing with free range chickens (boschveld) and i have almost 200 so far and i am targeting 1000 by end of the year, I have an egg incubator (chinesse made) which carries 96 eggs at a time and my success has been 50 chicks at a go.
I have a small farm (10 ha) and I stay there with my wife and two kids and our helper, we have the chicken project as our main business we also have two dogs (sponono and lucky) our lovely cat (frisky my daughter gave her a name)
My wife takes care of the farm, I am a Miner and spend most of my time at the mines.
Well you must know that I am vegetarian and I dont eat eggs or meat, but i cant say the same for my family, so i love chickens for their manure for my horticulture garden which is another project at the farm
currently my incubator gave me 26 chicks out of 96 and i feel am not utelising it correctly (the chicks are 2 weeks old now).
Hope to interact and learn more on chickens in this group

Siyabonga Thank you

welcome-byc.gif
so glad you have joined us.

1000 by the end of the year
ep.gif
Wow, that will be quite a challenge to tend. And tons of manure to compost sounds like a really big job for your family to handle.

Good luck with your plans. Stay safe in those mines.

Hi and welcome to BYC - glad that you have joined us. Maybe see if peeps can help you out on the "incubating and hatching eggs" forum in terms of a better success rate.

Good luck with your expansion plans.

All the best
Ct

Back
Top Bottom