Hello, BYC!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by QueenofShibas, Jul 20, 2016.

1. QueenofShibas

QueenofShibas Just Hatched

Jun 27, 2016
    Kentucky
    Hello, everyone. I'm new to Backyard Chickens. I don't have any chickens...I prefer ducks currently have Muscovys laying, Rouens three months old, Anconas three days old (only five hatched out of eighteen eggs) and finally got some Silver Appleyards! So excited about them! I have wanted them for awhile. I also have Shiba Inus (they are a breed of dog) cats and a horse. I have posted a few questions and love how helpful people are on this site! Thank You! P.S. I will post pictures of my babies as soon as I can. I tried earlier but haven't been on long so they didn't show up.

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to Backyard chickens - Shiba's are beautiful dogs. I have been seeing a lot of them lately so I am guessing their popularity is growing. I used to show & breed Cockers way back in the olden days.

Sorry I don't know much about ducks - you could post any duck related questions on "the Duck thread," Just put that in the search box and it will pop up.

3. QueenofShibas

QueenofShibas Just Hatched

Jun 27, 2016
    Kentucky
    When I got them no one knew what they were, guess I was four years to early. I wouldn't want to breed now as some people would get them just because they are popular right now.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
  4. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
  5. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Welcome to BYC [​IMG] Glad you joined the flock!

6. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! Hope you have a wonderful summer! :)

7. nana3387

nana3387 Just Hatched

Jul 18, 2016
    West Virginia
    Hi there! Welcome! Sounds like you are on your way to success!
    If you are interested in learning about my flock here at the Savage Farm, getting tips, and reading great stories, visit the link in my bio[​IMG] I share all kinds of crazy stories about my animals!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by