hello can someone help me? trying to find a trade/expo/? show for poultry

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by WarrenHound, Nov 9, 2012.

1. WarrenHound

WarrenHound Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2012
    texas
    in texas...around dallas I am trying but I cant seem to find one I tried joining the dallas backyard poultry meet up but ...nothing...ideas to search for somewhere I can buy breeds I normally wouldn't find? i am not even sure what to call it where they meet up to trade/sell chickens and other back yard birds.. little help? i am sure there has to be a show/expo whatever out here but no idea when or where...

2. ellie32526

ellie32526 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2012
    North Texas
    Hi, I'm new to this site too. Planning to get my hens in the Spring. I am interested in showing and eggs. I have heard there was something in Canton but I'm not ready to buy so I didn't question a lot. Check with some of the feed stores - they may also have information for you. I signed up for the Dallas Meetup but havent attended anything yet. What breeds are you looking for? I know there is someone in Terrell that has a variety of birds for sale.

3. WarrenHound

May 14, 2012
    texas
    bantams mainly

showgirls
    cochin
    d'uccles
    dutch
    polish
    Japanese bantams

standards:
    turkens
    orpingtons
    yokohama

4. ellie32526

ellie32526 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2012
    North Texas
    Yep, I would def say Canton on a Monday is the place to shop.

5. WarrenHound

May 14, 2012
    texas
    thanks please let me know if you think of anywhere else I was hoping for a stock show or something for chickens

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by