Hello Everyone! :D

Chaoth

Chirping
May 19, 2019
Hi there! I'm new to this site, I actually just found it today! I hope to learn lots while I'm here!
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Yes, I actually got my first chickens last spring! I got four chicks, one sadly passed away, and we got two hens later when our three remaining grew more.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
At the moment I have five chickens, four hens and one rooster, but we're looking at having to butcher the rooster because of regulations, and just for the sake of our neighbours.

(3) What breeds do you have?
I have two silkies, two plymouth rock chickens (I think), and then one I forget the name of.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
I love seeing how they grow and change, it's also nice to see how they act around each other, or just generally behave.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I like to draw, play video games, watch movies/videos, bake/cook, garden, take walks, and I play the ukulele occasionally (still working on improving!)

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I have an older brother who's going to college this summer. I also have two dogs, a cat, and a fish (which is a small catfish). I'm hoping to start some sort of job this summer or next summer working in horticulture at the local floral and gardening stores.
(I hope this is alright!)

Hi and thank you all!
Shadrach, I know it won't be the same without him, but he was getting a little aggressive anyways so it'll probably be better for everyone anyways :)

Texas Kiki, thanks for the video! It was helpful!

Willowspirit, I haven't heard of that song but I'll be sure to check it out! I'm not sure if we'll invite neighbours over since he's a silkie so there's not much on him to go around. We might visit a family friend when we do, though, because they might do it for us!

-byc-flower-fence.png

hithere.gif
I have an all-girl flock in my neighborhood backyard. No roosters allowed either, but I sure do enjoy collecting the eggs and sharing with my friends and family!

Good luck finding a florist job this summer. That's exactly what I did after I graduated high school and it "accidentally" ended up being my career for 20 years! Holidays are so much more enjoyable for me these days now that I'm a stay-at-home mom.:D

Back
Top Bottom