Hello everyone

luckied

Chirping
Aug 26, 2016
The Palmer Divide, Colorado
Hi All. I'm Denise and we just received 2 chicks from a friend. We would not have taken them if we were not ready but chicks were never in my plan. I live in Colorado, I have a bit a land and a husband who likes to build stuff. He recently built me a coop which is a great but I intended on buying adult hens not needing to be tending to chicks. I'm excited and I'm sure we will end up getting more but for now I will try to learn what's important and the rest I guess I'll just wing it.....
I look forward to talking to you all and getting advice from all you veteran bird keepers.

Nice to meet you Denise. You may want to check out the Learning Center above, it's a great place to start a chicken education.

welcome-byc.gif

Hi neighbor. I'm in Utah. Got to your state thread. See who all is close by with chickens!

frow.gif
Now you gotta get more chicks to keep the two chicks from getting lonely. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Thank you all for the welcome. We actually already had 2 that a friend was keeping until all feathered since I did not really want to do the chick thing. My husband agreed to taking the chicks because he knew our daughter would enjoy them. I just found out this morning that The friend who gave us the two chicks yesterday actually has 3 more for us as well but will hold onto them until they can go out in my coop. So yesterday I woke up thinking I had two chicks coming out to my coop in about 1 week and 24 hours later I'm now the proud owner of 7 lovely ladies. Here are a couple pics of some of them

Last edited:
Aw! aren't they sweet! Welcome to the family chicks and welcome to BYC luckied!

Back
Top Bottom