Hello everyone

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by luckied, Aug 26, 2016.

1. luckied

luckied Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi All. I'm Denise and we just received 2 chicks from a friend. We would not have taken them if we were not ready but chicks were never in my plan. I live in Colorado, I have a bit a land and a husband who likes to build stuff. He recently built me a coop which is a great but I intended on buying adult hens not needing to be tending to chicks. I'm excited and I'm sure we will end up getting more but for now I will try to learn what's important and the rest I guess I'll just wing it.....
    I look forward to talking to you all and getting advice from all you veteran bird keepers.

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Nice to meet you Denise. You may want to check out the Learning Center above, it's a great place to start a chicken education.

3. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    [​IMG]

Hi neighbor. I'm in Utah. Got to your state thread. See who all is close by with chickens!

4. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Denise, and :welcome. Great to have you with us! :)

5. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
  6. BuffOrpington88

BuffOrpington88 Non-Stop

Mar 20, 2012
    Hi Denise, welcome to BYC! Thanks for joining us and best of luck with your flock! [​IMG]

7. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    [​IMG] Now you gotta get more chicks to keep the two chicks from getting lonely. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

8. luckied

luckied Chillin' With My Peeps

Thank you all for the welcome. We actually already had 2 that a friend was keeping until all feathered since I did not really want to do the chick thing. My husband agreed to taking the chicks because he knew our daughter would enjoy them. I just found out this morning that The friend who gave us the two chicks yesterday actually has 3 more for us as well but will hold onto them until they can go out in my coop. So yesterday I woke up thinking I had two chicks coming out to my coop in about 1 week and 24 hours later I'm now the proud owner of 7 lovely ladies. Here are a couple pics of some of them
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
  9. Egg - Static

Egg - Static Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2016
    Mississippi
    Aw! aren't they sweet! Welcome to the family chicks and welcome to BYC luckied!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by