Hello everyone!

fatesrelease

In the Brooder
Mar 5, 2018
Maine
Hello everyone! Here to introduce myself. My name is Christine. I volunteer at a local farm sanctuary. I have always loved animals, and have had many different animals over the years. My current animal family includes my greyhound named Sarah, rabbit named Thistle, and two cats named Liesel, and Jodie. My husband and I are hopefully moving into a home soon in the suburbs that has a double fenced in lot and allows for up to six chickens. I have known I wanted chickens for some time, but the desire definitely grew after volunteering at the sanctuary. I found out about BackYardChickens.com because I LOVE doing research. I always research a lot when I am interested in something and that includes animals that I decide I want to adopt into the family. I thought it would be a great resource and wanted to read up before we move so I am prepared! Some of the other things I enjoy doing besides volunteering with animals includes dancing, singing, reading, and I love spending time in nature and going for hikes! My husband is really wonderful and we definitely have an agreement that as long as I deal with the unpleasantries of having animals like cleaning up their living space/poop etc that he's pretty much okay with whatever animal I want to have. Since other farm animals are not allowed in the city I think he got lucky ;P. When I'm not spending time at home with the animals I work as a certified dental assistant at a fabulous practice! I'm excited to be here and learn more about caring for chickens! Thanks for having me!

Hello Christine and welcome to BYC - thanks for joining us and the best of luck with your new flock.

Here’s a link to the Articles section - https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/ There you’ll find lots of information on almost every aspect of keeping chickens - from coop building ideas, to incubating eggs.

There’s a link on the page above to the Learning Centre - it’s a great resource. If you have a specific topic in mind, just type it in the search box - there's a wealth of information on past and present threads.

Each week, various topics are discussed, which can also be a great resource - https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/topic-of-the-week-thread-archive

Back
Top Bottom