Fluffypeckers

Chirping
Oct 7, 2019
I'm 21 and my start with the chickens wasn't good. It all started about 11 years ago when i got my very first roosters. I had 5 of them. I was with them every day. They were my best friends and followed me everywhere, they even tried to follow me to school.. I loved all of them. I'd spend every minute of the day with them.. Then one day after school i found 3 of them dead and there was feathers everywhere.. i couldn't find the other 2 so i think the predator had them.. it was the saddest day of my life.
About 5 months ago i decided to get chickens again. I was meant to get only 6 chickens just "for the summer" and give them back to the breeder for the winter. But i fell in love with all of them and thought i want baby chicks. So i bought 10 finnish landrace eggs and 7 of them hatched. They're now 3 months old. Then one of my silkies got broody too and started hatching.. she has now 3 baby chicks.. I also lost one of my older silkies.. So right now i have Ameraucana rooster, golden comet, 1 silkie rooster (that we thought was a hen!), 2 silkie hens and 3 babies, 5 of the chicks i hatched are hens and 2 of them are roosters! So now i have too many roosters.. what should i do.. get more hens?:clap
So right now i have 15 "summer chickens" that are going to stay with me forever.

Back
Top Bottom