glitter-blu-ppl.gif

silkie-tea-party.png

hithere.gif
If you have too many roosters, do you have the means (coop space and finances) to care for additional hens? Remember that it's typically recommended to have 10 hens per rooster, some people prefer 15-20 per roo and some less. If it's been a while since you've had chickens I wouldn't start adding more right away. Your chicks still have to grow up yet, and cockerels will change a lot over the course of a year. It might be a better idea (especially for your hens) to keep the boys separated, then you can see how they turn out next year and go from there.
Here's a few links you may find helpful:

View attachment 1930647 If you have too many roosters, do you have the means (coop space and finances) to care for additional hens? Remember that it's typically recommended to have 10 hens per rooster, some people prefer 15-20 per roo and some less. If it's been a while since you've had chickens I wouldn't start adding more right away. Your chicks still have to grow up yet, and cockerels will change a lot over the course of a year. It might be a better idea (especially for your hens) to keep the boys separated, then you can see how they turn out next year and go from there.
Here's a few links you may find helpful:
Right now everything is fine none of them is fighting or anything but i might have to separate them when the cockerels grow up.. i hope the new baby chicks are hens!

Back
Top Bottom