Hello Everyone!

FluffyWings

In the Brooder
May 19, 2020
Georgia
Hello!
For many years we had wanted chickens, but for one reason or another never got around to getting them.
Now, with this pandemic, and the craziness that came forth from it, we decided to take the plunge. I did a ton a research, like a ton. Seriously, sometimes it's just too much, haha. Anyway, we decided on getting Easter Eggers. It was going to be 4...then it jumped to 10!

See...what had happened was that I bought a nice coop plan that said it could house 10-15 chickens and I caved! Unfortunately, my hubby got laid off work, so now he is the full time Mama Hen! We got the little tykes last Monday, they are officially a week old. Our coop is halfway finished, and we are going to build a run. Hopefully we can get that done by the time they are ready to go outside.

The good news is, that when we introduced our 8 year old husky, who has never seen chickens in her life. She did not go totally crazy over it. It was more like a curiosity "What are these strange little toys you are hoarding from me?" Kinda look, but after the week passed she was just as calm as she can be. Of course all of this was supervised, and she will never be left alone with them. I have an 8 year old cat, that definitely can't meet them.

As I eagerly awaited the arrival of my new chicks, (Felt like forever) I had been cruising this site. A lot of good information for newbies like me. I decided to take the plunge and join the community!

Currently located in Georgia :) (Thankfully outside the city limits, where they do have a limit on chickens, phew!)

-BYC-sign-flash.gif
Chickens are a journey for sure, Good and bad!

Back
Top Bottom