Hello everyone!

evilleramsfan

In the Brooder
Jul 3, 2020
Edwardsville, IL
Evilleramsfan here! Although I'm not really a fan of the Rams after they left the St. Louis area, I am still using the moniker. My wife and I are currently the first and only permit holders for chickens in the Edwardsville, IL city limits. I am running a facebook site for news and information for Edwardsville residents to help them navigate the process and learn more. We have 4 hens and attached is a photo of our setup.
IMG_20200630_163420334.jpg

Even though we are in town, we have foxes and an occasional coyote that wander through (although our only fatality was from a neighbor's dog....I fortified the run afterwards). We also have owls and hawks. He had a local Coopers Hawk perched on top of the run watching for prey while our girls were pecking away underneath...wish I had a picture of it.

Not seen in the photo is the subsurface layer of hardware cloth around the perimeter. Before construction, I laid it down around the outside so anything digging would have to start 2 feet outside of the run or coop in order to get in.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom