Hello Everyone!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by cinder_ella, May 8, 2009.

1. cinder_ella

cinder_ella Out Of The Brooder

May 7, 2009
    NW Indiana
    My name is Ella, I'm 17 and I'm not quite new to raising chickens in the city, my parents raised some when I was 7-8 years old, but this is the first time I initiated it...sooo

We ordered 15 batam chicks from cackle hatchery and waiting for them to arrive, getting busy setting up a brooder and building a coop, hopefully next week or the week after.

I'm pretty up to date on the urban chicken care but your tips from experience would be welcome!

P.S. The chicks I ordered are 5 Silver Sebrights, 5 Buff/Black Japanese, and 5 Araucana, I'm SOOOOO excited!!! [​IMG]

2. michelle1017

michelle1017 Goat Mama

Aug 21, 2008
    Missouri
    [​IMG]

3. babymakes6

babymakes6 Gifted

Feb 24, 2009
    far west Ohio
    [​IMG] from Ohio!

4. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    Welcome from Michigan [​IMG] Good luck with your babies when you get them!

5. dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2009
    Indiana
    [​IMG] from Indiana

6. cinder_ella

cinder_ella Out Of The Brooder

May 7, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Thank you! I'm so excited about the chicks, I've been running around telling everyone I see! [​IMG]

7. Chick - n - Rachel

Chick - n - Rachel Out Of The Brooder

Mar 31, 2009
    Bradenton, FL
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Welcome Ella. Ive only been a member of BYC for about six weeks, but already Ive learnt way more than I ever have in books etc, this is an awsome friendly site, with so many folks eager to offer advise and help, no questions go unanswered! Enjoy your babies when they arrive, my five girls are 6.5 wks old and I dont know what Id do without them now, such a stress releaver!!! Welcome again!!![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by