Hello Everyone!

SweetPoultry

Songster
8 Years
Dec 4, 2014
Hi, I'm new to backyard chickens and I have to say that it's an awesome website, after browsing around the site, I decided to join, since I plan on getting either chicks or duckling around february, I hope to make new friends and learn all I can for raising my poultry properly, I'm kinda shy so, yeah that's all... Hi everyone!
smile.png

Welcome to BYC! Glad you decided to join our flock. I'm a chicken person and don't know much about ducks (although I've had a few), but I have to admit that ducklings are the ultimate in cute. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Do you have any breed preferences?

Welcome to BYC! Glad you decided to join our flock. I'm a chicken person and don't know much about ducks (although I've had a few), but I have to admit that ducklings are the ultimate in cute. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Do you have any breed preferences?

Yes I love ducklings too! Well about chicken I like Rhode Island, though I don't know a lot about them, when I was younger I used to have a Pekin duck, so I guess that's my favorite duck breed

Welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Glad you joined the flock! Have you looked at the Learning Center yet? There is some wonderful info on chicken keeping there. As for duckies, the Duck section is a great place for info: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/42/ducks Enjoy the site!
Welcome to Backyard Chickens. I lurked for 8 months before I got up the nerve to post something.

:) Thanks, I want to learn everything I can about them and also, yeah I understand that, I get pretty shy a lot

Yes I love ducklings too! Well about chicken I like Rhode Island, though I don't know a lot about them, when I was younger I used to have a Pekin duck, so I guess that's my favorite duck breed

I've had Rhode Island Reds (along with dozens of other breeds over the years) and they are a hardy, dependable, dual purpose breed that lays lots of large, brown eggs. Also among the few duck breeds that I had were Pekins; not as good a layers as Khaki Campbells, but excellent meat birds. Good luck in getting your flock.

Back
Top Bottom