TrishRodemich

In the Brooder
Dec 22, 2020
My name is Trish, I have wanted chickens for the longest time! My husband and I moved to a rural area in Indiana so I was pretty excited to finally be able to get some! We have three boys, age 10, 3, and 1 and a 9 year old Belgian Malinois. I love and love off coffee, love cooking, and staying at home, raising my three sons. My husband is a marine veteran and we have been together for 15 years, married for 8. We were given 5 chickens from a friend who lives in the city, and got them as chicks from someone else, for their children 😬. This is our first time and we have no idea what we are doing.

1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Yes, we got them yesterday, 12/21/2020

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

(3) What breeds do you have?
No clue

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

I think chickens are such interesting creatures. Plus I love farm fresh eggs!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I paint and draw on occasion, when I have time. Cooking is fun too.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
As stated above I have one other pet, a 9 year old malinois named Brutus. We used to live in California, due to the marine corps, for 5 years and moved back to Indiana going on three years now.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
I found this community when I googled a question about chickens. I figured what better people to help me with this fun, new experience than these people
If someone could offer any suggestions as far as breed, I attached the photo, that would be great!

Attachments

• F17C93CF-0B9A-442F-A249-930AF82FDE63.jpeg
    F17C93CF-0B9A-442F-A249-930AF82FDE63.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 9

Back
Top Bottom