Hello, Fellow Chicken Lovers!

Peeryfarm

Hatching
Apr 4, 2016
My husband and I are both biology teachers and have had chickens off and on for years... combination flocks that we truly enjoyed until a troupe of raccoons discovered a weakness in our henhouse floor and burrowed in one night...
Now we have acquired a new coop and run that we are surrounding with rat wire at ground level to prevent digging. We are also expecting a shipment of 15 Salmon Faverolles chicks (2 cockerels, 13 pullets) in late May.
We also raise horses, enjoy gardening, and love living on our Virginia farm. I found BackyardChickens.com while I was researching chicken breeds and equipment, and anticipate exchanging ideas and information with like-minded chicken enthusiasts.

Welcome to BYC - so glad you've joined us. So sorry about your mishap with the loss of your previous birds, but sounds like you are going to have a lovely flock to start over with.

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! I'm sorry to hear you lost your flock, it's always very sad when they are killed by predators. It sounds like you are really beefing up your defences.

Wishing you the very best of luck with your new flock. Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

welcome-byc.gif

I'm sorry you lost your previous flock. But it sounds like you are going to have a beautiful flock in your new, secure coop and run.

Since you like gardening, you might enjoy one of the BYC sister sites:
http://www.theeasygarden.com/

Thanks for joining us!

Hi an welcome to BYC. You have certainly come to the right place for chicken talk!

Joining your state thread may be useful as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - just type the name of your state in the search box.

All the best
CT

Back
Top Bottom