Hello Fellow Chicken Lovers!

Scrambled Egg

Flock Mistress
12 Years
Aug 29, 2007
Fayetteville, NC
I'm happy to have stumbled onto this forum! I am relatively new to chicken raising (4 months in fact!) and dearly love my little flock! All my friends think I am having a mid-life crisis raising chickens!
smile.png
I don't have any particular questions right now but I am interested in making friends with some other folks from this forum that are also raising a backyard flock in modern suburbia!! Thanks for having me here!!

Welcome welcome welcome!!!!!
frow.gif

You are SURE to get hooked!!!
I live in the city and have four -
chicken011-2.jpg

See ya in the forum!
Joe

Last edited:
I love the Chicken MySpace reference! Clever! Joe, that Dominique is very pretty! I thought I had 8 hens when I got my biddies but one very quickly began to look bigger! Turned out that "Chubs" who is my only gray and white Dom is beginning to practice crow!! Not sure yet what I will do about that, so far no neighbor complaints but then again, he isn't too loud yet. He really is my sweetest chicken. He loves to be carried around! If I do end up parting with him, I will probably send a hen with him since they all have grown up together. The bad thing is that a rooster crowing really isn't as annoying as a dog barking incessantly and there are some of those in my neighborhood. Guess I'll see how loud he becomes - maybe he'll be a quiet crower, haha!!
smile.png

Wow CountryGirl, we are neighbors!! I bet you can hear my rooster practice crowing, haha! Nice to hear from you and StormHorse and all the rest too!! Ya'll keep up with me and I will do the same, right now I have to sign out but I'll "set" on this forum again this evening, thanks for the welcome!!
smile.png

HI fellow North Carolinian...I live in a very urban area and have 4 hens, 2 dogs, 1 kid, 1 hubby...and that probably is the usual order (ok, one of the dogs may win top spot
tongue.png
) We already had a she that turned out to be a he and we had to find a new home for that baby due to having such close neighbors but we are doing great "free-ranging" our flock in the backyard and thinking that 2 more may be the go....SEE WhaT Happens??? Have fun!
from Oak Island!!

Back
Top Bottom