Hello Fellow chicken lovers!

WilderWoods

Songster
9 Years
May 29, 2011
We are new to the chicken world. Having only kept a few chicks around Easter time as kids, we have a lot to learn. However, keeping chickens has been a life-long dream and it is finally coming true. We have a coop (barn) in the works and are feverishly working to complete it to get the chicks outside into their new home. They are about 5 weeks old right now and include Ameracaunas (Easter Eggers really), Blue Cochin, White Silkie, Welsummer, Speckled Sussex, Spitzhauben, Columbian Wyandotte, Partridge Rock, Buff Brahma, and Golden Campine. I know, we went a little overboard with our first flock! I really like just watching their antics and behavior. Each day brings a challenge to figure something out to make their lives a little better and my life less stressful. I am looking forward to learning a lot more!

welcome-byc.gif

I'm an "Old Hand"
lol.png
- will have my flock of 7 for 2 years next month.
You will love this BB - tons of info from folks with sooooooo much chicken savvy!

The Biggest thing I learned is that chickens are more entertaining than I had ever imagined.

jumpy.gif
welcome-byc.gif

I am very new to this as well, but we only started with 3 Rhoad Island Reds and 3 Black ??? It's alot of fun, mine are 5 weeks old and we are finishing their coop this weekend. I learned most everything I know off from BYC... Have Fun!

Back
Top Bottom