Hello fellow chicken lovers!

Greetings from Kansas, Jill, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Great to have you aboard! Love the username! Best wishes!!!

Hi and :welcome

Congrats on the eggs! Glad you and your family are enjoying the chickens. Collecting eggs is such a hoot, I agree. :lol:

I hope you find any info you need here, and enjoy the site. :D

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I currently have two of the three of my hens laying eggs now. Every morning we greet our chickens at the pen door. They anxiously wait for the door to open so that they can run outside into the garden to hunt for bugs and eat whatever green things are still growing. While they are out "playing", we search for eggs. We've been getting about two eggs per day. My children love bringing in the eggs. I can't say that I've even had one fresh egg myself yet, because my children snarf them down faster than you can say "Backyard Chickens!" The other day when my 15-year-old went to check for eggs, momma hen was sitting in the nest. She backed up into the corner and plopped out an egg right in front of my daughter! She scooped it up and brought it inside and fried it up. Now, you can't get much fresher than that!

This is how it starts... You should read all the posts about chicken math too while you are here. I started out with 5-6 hens... This spring I upped it to 45 hens and when I got back down to 21(last week) I ordered another 25. I also plan on ordering more in the spring but don't tell my family that yet. They are still in shock that I ordered 25 hens in the beginning of winter. ;)

Welcome to the gang.

Back
Top Bottom