Hello from a new chicken fan

I-Cat

In the Brooder
Jul 18, 2019
Hello! I don't own any chickens yet, but I have been thinking about getting some for eggs and companionship. I must admit, some of the health problems I have read about chickens having are intimidating, so I am still mulling things over in that regard.

In the meantime, however, I am writing a story that chickens play a huge part in. I have done a little research online, and decided I needed to join this forum so I can learn more. Right now I am interested in chicken shows, specifically in how they are run, how the chickens are caged/shown, and how the owners take care of them at the shows.

I have really enjoyed reading about the different breeds of chickens, but also just the everyday stories and photos that people post about their birds on Facebook. Thanks for letting me join this group so I can learn more.

Welcome to BYC.
:yesss: We are glad you joined this flock!
Jump right in and make yourself at home.

If you order day old chicks from a major hatchery, keep a closed flock...don't add random new birds, practice strict biosecurity and keep feed a balance diet you most likely will not have to ever worry about dealing with disease.

This video will help you learn how to navigate this site:

Coop Ideas:
Chicken Coops.

What exactly did you Google to get here? <<<<<<<<<<<

BYC has an APP!

Hi and welcome to BYC. Google Ohio chicken show documentary (or something like that) and it should give you a link to the life of chicken breeders / showing.

Here are some links to useful resources:

Best wishes

Pork Pie

Welcome to BYC, you’ll be able to get all the knowledge you could want from a variety of people. Everyone from newbies to generational experts gather here, so feel free to ask your questions!

Deciding on getting a flock can be the most important first step, the area to keep them, how many, what breeds, etc.

Maybe since you’re interested in shows, you’ll want to keep a small flock of one breed to work on show lines.

Hi and welcome to BYC. Google Ohio chicken show documentary (or something like that) and it should give you a link to the life of chicken breeders / showing.

Here are some links to useful resources:

Best wishes

Pork Pie

Thanks, Pork Pie. I will take your suggestions!

Back
Top Bottom