Hello from a new member

Hellychick21

Chirping
5 Years
Jun 27, 2017
Hi everyone, I am not new to keeping chickens but am still learning ! I have only 8 birds made up of 3 rescue ones, 5 given to me by someone. They are 6 brown hens 1 black and a little white silky who is about 8 years old. We also have afew other pets, 2 horses, 1 pony, 1 goose, 2 rabbits, 5 dogs, made up of 2 collie dogs a jack Russell a very old Westie and a year old Staffy, known as reggie the wrecker as he's pretty much destroyed my house!
I have loads of questions, I've read loads of books,looked on net but still at a loss for some stuff so am going to search this site and ask if I can't find it, expect loads of questions We live on a farm but it's not a working farm, we are an extended family with my son and his wife and my grandchildren in the farm house and me and my husband and the daughter in laws parents in the barns we converted, it works well for us and I get to see my grandchildren grow up. I am going to go and see if I can manage to post a picture of a 'chick' one of my hens laid, without a rooster and without its shell, I believe it's called parthenogenesis, I am on my 3rd chick like this, so here goes ....

Welcome to BYC!
I'm glad you are still willing to learn, chicken keeping is a never ending learning experience! Just when you think you know enough...you'll find a whole new subject of chicken related stuff to learn.
We are glad you joined us!
This video should help you navigate the site better and teach you how to upload a pic.

:welcome

I think one of the best things about raising poultry is that there is always something new to learn. Hope you find the answers you need!

Back
Top Bottom