DaisyFaye7

Songster
Dec 13, 2020
Central North Carolina
Hello! I became a member yesterday! I’ve read through threads on the site several times during my chicken research, and I decided it was time to join.
my family first got chicken when I was pretty small, maybe around 5? My brother became the main chicken caregiver, and maintained a small flock until a few years ago.
I’ve decided now that it’s time to add chickens to my little barnyard. I think I’m going to get Speckled Sussex. I currently have a super guard donkey, and a few goats. I’m hoping to keep my chickens more or less inside my current pasture. They will have a coop and run built off the back of my barn, and I’m working on logistics for adapting my current fence to keep chickens in, so that they can enjoy the whole pasture during the day. Full free range might not be very safe here; the woods are full of foxes, the coyotes come through at night, and of course, there’s the road...But, i do want to give my hens some freedom!
I live in central North Carolina on an old farm. Hopefully someday I can get the place shaped up enough to just say, I live on a farm! It’s a work in progress. We have hayfields, 2 large veggie gardens, our small pasture, and a larger pasture that a neighbor keeps his lovely horses in.
I’m excited to become part of this community! Thanks for having me.

Hello! I became a member yesterday! I’ve read through threads on the site several times during my chicken research, and I decided it was time to join.
my family first got chicken when I was pretty small, maybe around 5? My brother became the main chicken caregiver, and maintained a small flock until a few years ago.
I’ve decided now that it’s time to add chickens to my little barnyard. I think I’m going to get Speckled Sussex. I currently have a super guard donkey, and a few goats. I’m hoping to keep my chickens more or less inside my current pasture. They will have a coop and run built off the back of my barn, and I’m working on logistics for adapting my current fence to keep chickens in, so that they can enjoy the whole pasture during the day. Full free range might not be very safe here; the woods are full of foxes, the coyotes come through at night, and of course, there’s the road...But, i do want to give my hens some freedom!
I live in central North Carolina on an old farm. Hopefully someday I can get the place shaped up enough to just say, I live on a farm! It’s a work in progress. We have hayfields, 2 large veggie gardens, our small pasture, and a larger pasture that a neighbor keeps his lovely horses in.
I’m excited to become part of this community! Thanks for having me.
hello an welcome Im still tryin to figure how to do all this but I jus wanted to say hi an gl

Welcome to BYC
1607961444262.png
1607961444262.png

Back
Top Bottom